Oct 6, 2009

Dallas @ Edmonton

So, now that we've got the first loss of the season dealt with, should we not also get the first win of the season? I mean, that's the way it goes right?

In all seriousness I was pretty happy with the Oilers' game on Saturday. For the first period we were less than perfect, but the rest of the game we battled hard and did a lot of things right that I liked. The one thing that we managed to do in the first that we slowly stopped doing as the game went on was be physical. If the Oilers want to win games against teams that are faster and/or more skilled than they are, they're going to have to make a commitment to burying as many guys into the boards as they can manage without getting too many penalties. I haven't seen Dallas play yet this year, in preseason or regular season, so I don't have much of an idea as to what kind of game they want to play, but a physical game is never a bad idea.

Cogliano moves to play with Gagner tonight, and Nilsson is in and Moreau is out. This means that my normal goat isn't playing... I'll find a new one to sub in I'm sure.

Khabibulin will also be looking for a chance to redeem himself after a brutal play to end Saturday night's game. I really hope he can bring it together because if he can't we may be a tad bit screwed here guys...

Go Oilers Go!

1 comment:

delooper said...

Jacques with his first goal. That's got to make you a little happy.