May 22, 2009

A Plea to Someone... Anyone...

I don't want to see a rematch of last year's playoffs. I just don't. There's no Cinderella story, no real adversity for either team. Pittsburgh's been a powerhouse for the past couple years, yeah they had a bad patch this season for a bit, but I hardly count that as adversity when you have a team that boasts Crosby and Malkin, not to mention other quality players that, though they're not quite at superstar stature, they're pretty freakin' good. Detroit's been good for as long as I can remember. I mean come on. They're in the conference finals with Osgood in net. That says something.

I personally think that's boring.

So this is a plea to Carolina, and to Chicago. To the fans, and the players. Let's make this interesting shall we? I'd like nothing more than to watch a Carolina/Chicago final. I think that'd be great.

But Pittsburgh has been pushing you around Carolina, and that needs to change. Hey Erik? Yeah, let's get some stuff done, kay? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

And Chicago? Yeah, you're getting better, but if you want to come back you've got to win those OT games.

I know, it's harder than I'm making it seem right? But you're both down 2 games to none, and this is definitely gonna be an uphill climb. Neither of you have home team advantage, and if you want it you'll have to win a game in the opponent's rink.

No comments: