Nov 20, 2008

Oil Vs Wings: Post-Game Thoughts

Disclaimer: I did not watch the game. I did, however, listen to it in its entirety. These views are based mostly on Ched's commentary and a few comments from the OMB.

The Oilers fell down early, and they fell down hard. The velocity of a penny dropped from the CN Tower hard. It sounded as if the first of the three goals allowed by the Oilers in the first maybe could have been on Roli's shoulders, the other two were screened powerplay tip-ins. Roli was pulled in favour of the goaltender who I think should have got the start to begin with, and I sure hope this means that he will get the start in the next one.

So, Roli lets in 3 of 10 and Garon comes in to give the team a chance, letting in 1 of 25. Now, I am not one who usually blames the game on a certain species of official that is black and white, and in the "Great Magoo's" case red all over; however, it is hard to ignore the calls in the first, you know, the ones the ref's on the ice managed to ignore.

Souray was a beast on the ice tonight, again. The man is living up to his contract BIG time. I'm loving him more and more each game he plays, each shift he has.

I think I heard it mentioned in passing that Ladislav may have been injured again. Something about a jammed wrist? If this is so I will be very sad.

In short, for a team that was down by three goals for the majority of the game we played pretty well. Looking forward to next game, maybe I'll watch that one... In 6 days.

No comments: