Nov 18, 2008

Oilers at Columbus

So the Oilers are back in action for their umpteenth back to back set on the road versus a somewhat hot Columbus team that definitely has the personnel to come out and give us a good old fashioned beat down.

Some quick things to point out:

Pisani is out with a broken ankle, so that means that Penner is in.  I thought it was a pretty bogus move by MacT to call the guy out and not let him play directly following the comments, almost like punching a guy when he's being held down.  I hope Penner comes out tonight and plays like the monster he was at the beginning of the season, when every thing was roses and daisies.

Word is Roli is starting again, I think I made it perfectly clear who I thought should be starting the game tonight in my last post so I won't reiterate it here.  MacT give your head a shake, that's all I'm saying.

Looks like the kid Reddox will be playing again, as he damn well should.  The kid has been playing his ever loving ass off for this team since he got the opportunity to play a couple games ago, and when no one else is playing with intensity it's nice to see someone have some emotion in their game.  Play on Reddox, play on.

I think it is entirely possible that we come out of tonight with another in the L column, but if we can bring a good work ethic to the game and some good morale (which I'm sure is rare these days) we may be able to make a game of it with a few punishing, clean, but punishing hits.

Preferably on Torres.

No comments: