Nov 26, 2008

Roloson Starts Tonight.

What the H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY-STICKS is going on here?!?

What happened to the 'whoever is winning plays'? Or even, 'whoever is playing well plays'?

I don't know what the EFF is going on, but I am quickly loosing faith in the coaching staff of the Oilers. Roloson is NOT winning and he is NOT playing well. Everytime I see his bloody five-hole I wanna puke; stop holding on to the idea that playoff Roli is back, he is not back: end of story. Roloson has not been able to put a consistent streak of games together for the past two years: he plays well, he plays really well... And then? He tanks. I'm not talking he plays a marginal game here, I'm talking plays like a forty-year-old goaltender, who in my opinion is well past his prime, which would be fine (that's what he is) if we weren't seemingly relying on him for this team to succeed.

We need to play Garon, or at the very least JDD. Roli is not the future, and I hope to H*** that he is not here next year. All I hear about in the media right now is that as a team we are not living up to our potential, but we also are not giving ourselves the best opportunity to win: this season and in the seasons to follow. JDD needs to play more, and Garon needs to play.

I want the Oilers to win tonight, but I want Roli out of the net more... If it takes a game where he tanks completely to get him out then so be it.

2 comments:

B.C.B. said...

Sorry, for your luck. Roli played well and Garon did not last night. I think that means Roli will be around for a bit more- like the rest of the season.

Best of luck with running Roli and MacT out of town (personally I hope you are not very succesful).

Becca Jane said...

Dear B.C.B.:

I don't see the difference between Roli's performance on the 26th (which was when this post was written) and Garon's performance last night, besides the shot clock and the fact that last night's game was a win, the 26th unfortunately was not.

I will give credit where credit is due, and Roloson had one hell of a game tonight, he was one of the very few players who played well and he doubtlessly factored most prominently in tonights win by far.

That said I wrote this post during the period where Garon hadn't started in almost a month, regardless of the fact that Roli was pulled versus Detroit and Garon came in in relief and played well, despite that Garon still did not start on the 26th. This was why I wrote this post.

I had no issue with Roli's start tonight however, it is clear he has the Shark's number, and he played like a man possessed tonight.

As I said, credit where credit is due.