Dec 6, 2008

Roloson gets the start versus the Sharks.

And he steals a game that by all accounts on paper we shouldn't have won.

I'll admit, I am a fan of Garon's, not of Roli's. But putting Roli in the net tonight was clearly the right decision. He played his best game of the season thus far tonight, and I thought he was outstanding.

I still think that Roli will not be here next year, that said if Garon continues to not be played, (yes I know he played the last two games before tonight), he most likely will not be resigning here in Edmonton, thus perhaps it would be a good idea to keep Roli around. Garon is still young, comparitively, he is 30 years old, he still has several years of hockey ahead of him, and I doubt he wants to spend those years mentoring a young goaltender and playing the odd game in support of said young goaltender.

Other positives from the game include Ales Hemsky's continuation of his excellent play and Penner's continued success on the first line. We also scored a powerplay goal and the PK didn't look half bad. All in all I think the Oilers are turning a corner, they're doing it slowly, but progress none-the-less is being made.

No comments: