Dec 22, 2008

Just Back From The Game...

...And I'm dying of exhaustion but I wanted to make a few notes on this game's experience.  I will elaborate on a few that require elaborating tomorrow when I am more coherent.

-Strudwick's fight was the most entertaining fight I have ever had the chance to see live.

-Stortini had a good game, and a goal to boot.

-Sam was working hard all night, Cogs had a very strong and consistent game.  I think that has been what has separated Cogs from the rest of the 'Kid Line' this season, his consistency.

-The guys sitting behind me probably made that game the best all-around hockey experience I have had as of yet.

-We still had a second period melt-down, we could have run away with this game had we played consistently at the level of the first and third periods.

-Phoenix's game was good until they got into some penalty trouble, what really bit them was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, I think they were both from Carcillo?

-Roloson had a good game, I think (if I'm remembering correctly) that the two goals in the second for the most part Roloson had no chance on.  Well maybe he had a chance, he always has a chance, but what I mean is that they were not his fault.

-There were a couple of weak calls, and I don't think these were just against us either.  There were even one or two called on the 'Yotes that I clearly remember thinking, "really?"

-The jumbotron guys kindly pointed out to us that both of the referees happened to be wearing the same number that night.  #34

-It was kind of funny when the Rexall announcer mis-credited the 4th goal to Horcoff when it was in fact Cogliano who scored.  It was not, however, difficult to imagine why the mistake could have been made--it was the exact same play we see Horcoff benefiting from on the powerplay so often, that sweet pass from Hemsky on the half-wall or down-low resulting in essentially an empty-net goal for his fortunate team-mate waiting back-door.

Lastly I would like to call out to every one who was sitting in sections 201-216 and 236 and their respective 100 and 300-level numbers. 

You all SUCK at continuing the wave.

That is all.

No comments: