Dec 21, 2008

Phoenix @ Edmonton



So tomorrow night the Phoenix Coyotes are in Edmonton at Rexall Place. The Oilers will be hoping to end a three-day losing streak including the most recent: a 53 shot effort that resulted in a 3-2 shoot-out loss. Meanwhile the Coyotes will be hoping to extend their win-streak to 3, their point streak to 7.

If the Oilers put the same kind of effort in that they did for the majority of the Anaheim game they should be able to put this one away. However if they decide to have a slow first or second period they will be in for a very long night.

I will be at Rexall to watch this game tomorrow night, and I can only hope that the result will be much better than it was the last time I was in Rexall (which was the 9-2 loss to Chicago).

I'm really hoping that Sam Gagner has another good game and I hope that Cole continues his excellent quality of play. I really want a decent effort out of the boys tonight, and I want a good crowd involvement.

I'll be interested to see who is in net, I'll have to wait for the pre-game tomorrow to find out. JDD hasn't started in a while so maybe he gets the nod tomorrow night.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argh! I have tickets to go to the game with my dad. But I'm currently in Victoria and my flight today was cancelled. So it's not clear if I'll make it to Edmonton in time. A smattering of snow completely kills this town.

R

Becca Jane said...

Oh no! This recent weather here all over the Country is far from charming isn't it?

I love the snow, but not so much when it starts getting in the way of things--especially going to/participating in hockey games!

At any rate I hope you get back to Edmonton to watch the game with your Dad, let me know how that goes!

Anonymous said...

All flights to Edmonton are booked solid. And if I started driving now, and if I drove as if the roads were dry and clean and free of police, and if I didn't die in the process, I could be in Edmonton a little after midnight.

Tonight is going to be an excellent match. The Oilers are going to be determined. And Pheonix is one of the most beatable teams they've played recently. The stars are aligned.. Only I won't be there. (sniff!)

R

Becca Jane said...

Wow, you're handling this well. I'd be a real you-know-what for the entire day if that happened to me ;)

I hope tonight's game goes well, you can watch it on TV I hope though right?

Oh no... And the plot worsens for the protagonist.

... The Canucks are playing tonight so there's no chance Edmonton's game gets broadcasted over sportsnet... Center Ice?

Anonymous said...

I'll look around for a sports bar that might have the game. Failing that, I'll go to my tried-and-true routine: Rod Phillips streaming over the internet, together with the Oilfans and Lowetide game day threads in side-by-side windows.

I lived in Europe for a few years. So there was a crunch point where I realized I couldn't watch Oilers games anymore. Even listening to them live was difficult -- had a lot of "up till 4am" nights listening to Rod Phillips.

R

Becca Jane said...

Wow, Europe eh? I've never been off this continent, but I hope to prove that statement false at some point in my life.

Good luck finding somewhere to watch the game!

Anonymous said...

It was a fun two years. I imagine you'll have no trouble finding your way to Europe. I travel quite a bit for my work so I'm really happy to be back in Canada now.

I played hockey in Germany and France for a year each (just for kicks, not for work). I learned that Canadians are the dirtiest hockey players on the planet. In France frequently you shake the hands of everyone *before* you step on the ice. It introduces some social awkwardness into hockey -- does this mean I shouldn't hit you, now that we've shaken hands?

R