Dec 26, 2008

Canada Vs Czech Republic/Oilers @ Canucks

First let me start by saying that, despite the lack of size up-front, I love the look of Canada's WJ team this year.  I'm quite impressed with Eberle's play thus far and I hope he continues to play at this level. 

Any way, Canada wins 8-1 Vs the Czech Republic.  I'd also like to note that the Czech Republic is my second favourite international team.  I don't even know why, I just love them!  Maybe it's because most of my favourite players, if not from Canada, are from the Czech Republic.  Or maybe it was when the World Juniors were in Pardubice last year; something about watching all the shots of kids playing pond hockey and the general feel the country seemed to have made the Czech Republic so completely charming to me.  I hope to go there some day, I'll probably have to learn some of the language first.

The Oilers are about to start the game versus the Canucks and, of course, I hope they can pull out a win tonight.  That would just completely make my day.  Sundin's plane comes in tomorrow and he likely won't play 'til the new year so that is something the Oilers don't have to worry about, at least for tonight.

I really want Sammy to have a great game tonight.  Like REALLY want his to have a good game.  I need to find him a lucky egg to kiss methinks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pouliot, Hemsky and Roloson picked up the slack for Gagner. It's nice to be back in Edmonton for a bit where hockey is news 24/7.

Gagner is probably going to take some time. I doubt we'll see a break-out game, unless MacTavish starts giving him easier opposition.

R

Becca Jane said...

I think Gagner has been playing at a satisfactory level for the last few games or so. Last game I thought was an excellent game on his part; I'm a huge fan of the line comprising of him, Cole and Nilsson-I think it is quite effective.

In the end I would be happy if Sam could just play at the level he has played at for the past couple games for the rest of the season. As a fan base I think we were expecting him to have another season with as-good or better-than-last-season production--it didn't or hasn't happened; I'm over it. I'll be happy if he can just have games that are defensively sound, and his numbers, despite the turnovers, are showing that he has been improving in defensive play.