Dec 24, 2008

Elaborating Previous Statements.

So there aren't a whole lot of the points I made about last game that need to be elaborated but I'll cover the couple that do.

-The guys sitting behind me probably made that game the best all-around hockey experience I have had as of yet.

The men sitting behind me were the most awesome people I have ever met. They were the type of fans that make comedic colour commentary throughout the game, not the annoying 'I know everything' type either. Here are some of the comments and happenings that I remember clearly from that night.

-"Watch Brodziak man, just watch him... He's a king among men." (this was said because the guy thought that Brodziak wasn't making mistakes, until he made a terrible pass in his own zone up the middle to the Phoenix defensemen, at which point he said...)

-"Okay so that was a bad mistake, but I forgive you Brodziak."

-At the beginning of the third period two of them stood up and promptly, and loudly, informed the entirety of our section that there had been a lack of wave participation at the game, this was after one had gone and talked to one of the ushers who told him that there was at least one wave per game (which is bull. There was definitely no wave at the Chicago game, though that's not hard to understand why). They must have tried to start a wave at least 12 times throughout the third period, which is where this comment comes in:

-Lastly I would like to call out to every one who was sitting in sections 201-216 and 236 and their respective 100 and 300-level numbers.

You all SUCK at continuing the wave.


The wave died every time at the same spot, section 236.

There were many other things that the guys said, and I found them very funny at the time. However I cannot seem to remember them for the life of me.

Also: the lady in the row in front of us did not find these guys amusing.

No comments: