Dec 17, 2008

Oilers @ Canucks


The Oilers play their second game of a back to back set tonight. After being absolutely humiliated at home last night, a game which I unfortunately witnessed first hand, they had best actually show up to the rink tonight.

The Oilers have played better on the road this season than they have at home, I'm not sure why that is. It could be that there is too much pressure from the home crowd in Rexall, and if that's the case maybe we should just follow them around to their road games to get something to actually cheer for, instead of being treated to a 9-2 loss at the hands of a team that, on paper, we should be just as good as, and the performance last night tells me that there is something seriously wrong with this team.

Regardless we play a Canuck team that we shutout on Saturday, which will make them come out with a bit more fire than they had last time, and they most likely have a better home record than we do. However I think the show that the Oilers put on last night will provide more fire, this could be a chippy game.

We need to get on the body and keep ourselves out of the box, I'm sure that our PK stat took another hit last night. What are our special teams at now in the league? I'm too lazy to check. I want to see some actual emotion out there. There were not many Oilers that could say they did not suck last night, I'd name some who could but it's all kind of subjective anyway.

Remember what I said last post boys? What was it I wanted?

That's right: Effort.
And boys? You didn't give that to me last night so you better have it tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being at home provides a lot of distractions. Players have wives, children, girlfriends, groceries to fetch, drycleaning to pick up, doctors to visit, community events, people wanting to talk their ears off at every store and streetcorner. If I had to guess there was any reason for their home record, it'd be that.

R

Becca Jane said...

Being at home provides a lot of distractions. Players have wives, children, girlfriends, groceries to fetch, drycleaning to pick up, doctors to visit, community events, people wanting to talk their ears off at every store and streetcorner. If I had to guess there was any reason for their home record, it'd be that.

R


You provide a good point here. There are a lot of distractions that accompany being at home. The thing I can't quite get is why when most teams play better at home the Oilers are barely staying afloat? the reason for that I'm not sure, I'm not even going to try and explain it.

Obviously I am a fan of the team and as a result I am on the outside looking in, I don't know what is going on, but I hope some light is shed on the issue soon.