Jul 11, 2008

Does Not Compute...


So about three weeks into the top 24, several months into the competition (from audition to Wednesday night) and approximately one month after he became my favourite contestant ever to grace Canadian Idol; Gary Morissette was booted swiftly from the CI stage in favor of some severely less talented vocalists with smooth voices, childish tones, and performance styles that will have you half way through your REM cycle by the time you get to the chorus.

I can't really say I'm surprised that he was eventually voted off, as my favourites have not been the winner of any 'Idol' show to date. I was however surprised at how soon he left, I would have thought at least top 6 or 7, at the VERY least.

The fact is that Canada got it wrong, and not just in Gary's case either. The fact that the eldest Pigott brother, Oliver, who was quite possibly one of the most sincere singers I have witnessed in my lifetime, also left that night was an utter travesty, the same could be said for the departure of Omar who's vocal range and smooth transitions from chest voice to falsetto were a joy to listen to.

Not saying all of the top ten don't deserve to be there, but there certainly are a few whom I am less than impressed are there ahead of those previously mentioned.

A complete and disgusting, but not entirely unpredictable failure by Canada this week.

That is all.

PS: Planning on making a road trip down to see his band "Unknown Culprits" play, if you want to check them out they're on MySpace.

Unknown Culprits MySpace Page

No comments: