Jul 2, 2008

No News So Let's Discuss 1-2 Day Old Leftovers.


It has recently come to my attention upon discussing the Pits for Cole trade that I should maybe take another look at Cole. Carolina fans seem to have a sort of love for him akin to Edmonton's love for Smytty... Okay so maybe not quite that strong, but pretty freakin' close. It seems that he's got some wheels and is a pretty big body on the ice, garners about 50-60 pts a year inclusive in that stat are 20+ goals per year. Seems like he's got a lot of character, so I am a little more excited to see him on the ice next year.

Which line though?

Here's the options:

1- He plays on the first line misplacing Dustin Penner to be pushed down to the second/third line.

2-We split up the kid line and send Nilsson down to the third line.

3- We place Cole on the third line to tear it up as a scoring threat on the checking line.

Okay. I don't think we should break up the kid line. Call me crazy but I really enjoyed watching them play together last year and they were clearly better together than they were split apart. Thus if we were to do option #1 Penner would have to be put on the third line, that is in my mind [this is all opinion based] and I won't even consider option 2. So Cole or Penner on the first line? I suppose we shall have to wait and see, where's the chemistry at?

Interesting to see if we add any more players to the line-up.

No comments: