Jul 2, 2008

Lost Out Again.


While I'm not usually one to buy into the so-called hesitation by UFA/RFA players to play/live in Edmonton, its getting a little difficult to remain with the opinion that Edmonton is a great hockey city and it isn't the city that is the problem when a player signs in another city for notably less than what Edmonton was said to have been offering him. Honestly I don't have any hatred towards Hossa, he is still a great player, I'm just frustrated with the fact that for the past couple years we have had some problems signing big name players, and regardless of whether it is actually because they don't want to play in Edmonton, situations like this certainly don't silence such rumours.

I'm actually pretty comfortable with not signing Hossa, obviously he was not going to play in Edmonton for the same price so there's no sense being upset about it. Right after I heard about it I was a little more upset, but now I'm just wondering what move we're going to make next.

See you in a bit; hopefully with some better news to discuss.

No comments: