Jul 11, 2008

Oil Sign Strudwick.


So regardless of the age of the picture to the left, although by looking at the size of the jerseys I think we can all assume that this picture is a minimum of a season old, it seems that the Oil have signed a fighter. I realize that this post is a few days late but the newest player to be donning the Oil silks this coming October will be Jason Strudwick.

Now correct me if you want but browsing through this guy's career stats it seems to me that we just got a much older Matt Greene... 8 years older to be exact. Similar point production, which with all things considered is next to nothing, similar penalty minutes, Strudwick has never played an entire 82 games, neither has Greener but at least he has come to within 4 games of a full season. Don't know how I feel about this signing, although upon the mandatory youtube review of incoming players I have found him to be a relatively decent fighter, maybe that was Klowe's motivation?

Also of notability is that he's a fan favourite of sorts, quite the character from what I've heard.

No comments: