Oct 23, 2008

And so ends a streak.

The Oilers lost to the Chicago Blackhawks last night in, from what I could assume after listening to the third period, what was a terrible effort from the Oilers.  I'm sure I heard them say that if the Oilers played like they did in the third period for the rest of the game they wouldn't have been down 3-0.  Now forgive me if I'm wrong, I understand I did not watch the game, and as Chicago obviously did not score during that period it probably was better than the other two; however, from what I heard during the third period I'd think the Oilers would have had to play better than that if they had expected to win that game.

Moving on, we play again tonight against an Avalanche team that definitely did not play last night, which is something to be concerned about.  Of course we can only hope that the Oilers will come back with a-vengeance tonight, I assume that Garon will be in net tonight, which makes me happy.  The Avs are coming off a three game winning streak, so I guess we will see what happens.

On another note, how did Roli play last night?  What did those of you who watched the game or listened to the whole thing think?

No comments: