Oct 27, 2008

Bruins @ Oilers

The Oilers are on the ice at Rexall Place tonight playing a Bruins team that they have yet to beat since October 17th 2000.  Besides that fact the  Oilers have lost their last three games and the fans that will populate the arena tonight will be expecting that steak to be snapped. 

The Bruins are coming off a win in which they beat Atlanta 5-4, snapping their own three game losing streak.  Milan Lucic scored a hat-trick in this one, two goals of which were in the third period, the last coming with less than two minutes to play in the third.  According to Lowetide's blog post here, Milan Lucic is a machine.  I can't say I've watched him a whole lot, but if his last game is any sign of what we might be dealing with tonight I hope our defence magically got immeasurably better over the last couple nights... 

I'll be buying this one tonight, so I hope the Oilers at least show up with a good effort.  But if we lose I give you permission to blame it on the fact that I payed for the game.

Here's hopin' for a breakout game for either Hemmer or Gagner, perhaps both...  Yeah that would be nice...

No comments: