Mar 14, 2009

Colorado @ Edmonton



Dear Mr. Penner,

I watched the game on Thursday, in fact I was at the game, and I wanted to say thank you for standing up for Ales Hemsky following the late hit that Exelby threw. I realize that you ended up getting 17 minutes in penalties, which was more like 20-25 by the time they let you out of the box, but this was what we wanted from you and we'll take the penalties. That said, it was an absolutely brutal call on the play in a game that I personally thought was not well officiated; but no one listens to fans of the accosted team because they just assume that we're all baised. Sorry for the rant. Like I said, thank you for sticking up for Hemsky, you were having a great game before the refs decided to make an example of you.

I like 'Angry Dustin'. That is all.

Becca Jane.

The Oilers are back in action tonight versus the Colorado Avalanche, a team that has not met expectations this season, but is still incredibly dangerous. Last game I thought the Oilers played pretty well, closest to a full 60 minutes they've had all season I think; but maybe the crowd atmosphere was brianwashing me. If the Oilers can build on the play of last game then they should come away with a win tonight. Should.

Ladislav Smid may be sitting this one out, he has had concussion problems before and I think they want to let him rest because he's taken a few jarring hits in the past week. In any case, if he does it will be Peckham suiting up in his place.

It seems to me that Gagner, Nilsson, and Cogliano are playing really well right now, perhaps we could try them together again for a period or so? Just a suggestion, to see if they can rekindle some of the magic of last season - high hopes, I know.

Apparently Kotalik will be getting a few shots on the RW tonight, which is his natural position, and I think this is probably a good idea. Which line do you want to see him on?

I think maybe run a 13-89-21 line, or a 19-89-21 line. Yes, as you can see I think Gagner fits in a lot of places.

And I'd just like to point out that I did see a couple of combinations that I wanted to see on Thursday, I can't remember them for the life of me though. But I think the 21-89-83 line got a few shots at it as well as the 19-10-83, but that one might have been in the midst of a change.

As Always: Go Oilers Go!

No comments: