Mar 31, 2009

Ducks @ Oilers; Fan Support


What else is there to say here except that if the Oilers don't win tonight I don't expect to see them playing come the 15th of April?

Nothing.

It's strange. Hearing the Oilers come out and ask for fan support. Part of me agrees, Rexall has not been hospitable to the Oilers this season, and the crowd has been no better than a funeral gathering in the noise department for the most part. But the other part of me wants to bear my teeth and yell at the players: How dare you come to us for support? Where have you been all season? Playing your best hockey at some other Ho-City's rink, and you come crawling back to us?

I sound like a wife who's been cheated on.

I hope the Oil can pull it through tonight, because this could be the last time they play with any hope for a post-season.

And for a team that was toted as a team that would vie for the division lead this season this is beyond disappointing.

As Always: Go Oilers Go!

1 comment:

Ontario Oilfan said...

I sound like a wife who's been cheated on.

I like your analogy. As a fan base we're looking for any excuse to welcome them back into the fold. Kick their sorry butts to the curb unless they rattle off 5 or 6 wins in the last 6 games? Sounds about right.