Mar 4, 2009

Welcome To Edmonton Boys



I look forward to seeing both of these guys in Oiler silks, I haven't kept up with either of them, but I do know that when I saw O'Sullivan as the first shooter in the shootout we had against the L.A. Kings this season I cursed his name a few times.

Sorry Patrick.

I'm sure a lot of people who don't usually watch Oiler games will likely be tuning in to check out what the both of you can do, and I hope that it goes well. For both Management's sake and the fans' sanity, I suppose for your sake as well ;) (I don't want to have the locals scaring you out of town before you've played a few games).

I am sad to see Cole go, and when I was listening to him on TSN (the short phone call that was cut off by almost an hour of Brian Burke) he sounded surprised at the trade, and perhaps even a little upset/disappointed. I thought he was really beginning to fit in here, the only consolation I suppose is that it shouldn't take him too long to fit in with Carolina - again.

All-in-all however, I think that Tambellini/Lowe did a pretty good job today. I'm assuming that there were some contract issues or fears of contract issues with Cole, and that may be the reason that he was sent to Carolina. In any event, I look forward to tomorrow's game, and I hope Patrick O'Sullivan and Ales Kotalik fit in well. The line combos should be interesting.

No comments: