Mar 7, 2009

Oilers @ Leafs



I did not watch the last game on Thursday; instead I listened to it on CHED, and Rod and I were not impressed.

One thing that I did hear him criticize that I think was a bit unwarranted was the fact that Sam Gagner pumped his arm when he scored the second time, after he had already had a goal disallowed. Here's how I see it: Sam Gagner has not had a good year, and he is starting to come into his stride - so I think his excitement was more at his turn of fortune than the fact that the game was now 4-2 with about a minute and half to go. I see no fault in getting excited about the fact that your game is now coming around.

The Oilers are in Toronto tonight, game is at 5:00 PM Mountain time, a team that, like the Senators, should be a game that we win. Unfortunately we are all too aware of how Thursday's game (and the one in December) ended.

Unlike Thursday's game I will be able to watch this one, which is a plus for me, although I'll likely miss the first period driving home from work and have to listen to that much on the radio.

I look forward to getting my first look at the new guys.

As Always: Go Oilers Go!

No comments: