Mar 19, 2009

Edmonton @ Colorado



Okay, so the Oilers are on the road in Colorado this evening for a game start at 7:00 PM MST. I am rather excited for tonight because on Tuesday night the first line of 19-10-83 was running around the ice like they'd played together since forever, and I think it will only get better tonight.

Hemsky has seemed a little 'head-in-the-clouds' of late, and I'm not sure if it's just me who notices it or if this is a legitimate concern. He's been passing to phantom players in our zone and turning the puck over more than usual; and I'm not sure if he's just in a bit of a funk that he needs to get out of or if there is something going on behind closed doors here, and I don't just mean in the dressing room; perhaps its in an exam room? That said though, Hemsky and Patrick O'Sullivan had some pretty sweet chemistry going on Tuesday, and perhaps O'Sullivan is just the player Hemsky needs to play with.

Gagner, Nilsson and Cogliano have continued their good play--three ecstatic cheers for that--and it looks like the team is running on all cylinders and rotating four lines comfortably and confidently, so this is good news.

It may be a little early to tell for sure, but I think the team is getting 'it'.

What's 'it'?

You know... 'IT'.

As Always: Go Oilers Go!


Games of Interest in the NHL tonight:

STL @ VAN - 8PM MST

ANA @ PHX - 8PM MST

NSH @ SJS - 8:30PM MST

I'll update these games on a regular basis on Twitter, the feed is on the right, the link to my Twitter page is also located in the right column.

No comments: