Jan 9, 2009

Final Eval

1. Sam Gagner and Erik Cole continue to generate chemistry on the second line.
N/A
2. Ladislav Smid fights some one. Seriously, from what fans have seen thus far he's good at it.
Didn't Happen. 0
3. The PP at least manages to get set-up, a goal or two would be nice.
One goal, that's okay. It was the only goal scored though. 1
4. We score at least 3 goals.
Didn't happen. 0
5. The PK continues on it's new track in the right direction.
Kinda/sorta but not really. 1/2
6. The fourth line continues to be a source of energy for the rest of the team.
I never want to have to see that video of Zach's injury ever again. 1
7. We have at least 2 centermen or players above 50% in the face-off dot.
Brodz was at 77%, Zach finished with 100%. Horc was close at 44%. 1
8. Brule gets some production going with Horcoff and Penner, seriously, this is supposed to be the first line. If they can't get it done they need to be demoted: move the Nilsson, Gagner, Cole line up.
N/A
9. Ethan Moreau manages to stop giving away the puck and actually produce something positive in the way of offense instead of taking stupid penalties.
Passed. 1
10. The team puts in a full 60 minutes. Not 20, not 40, but 60... Wait, no I've changed my mind, I want 80 minutes of effort just in-case this goes into extra-time.
If I was grading the performance tonight I'd probably give it a 60%, but I said I wanted 60-80 minutes of effort. This did not happen. 0

That's 4.5/8. It's a marginal pass that resulted in a loss on the score-sheet. Better luck next time boys.

Also: I hope Zach's' injury isn't as serious as it looked, but I think that's a stretch. I also hope Souray isn't out for too long, and I hope that Hemsky feels better. We better not rush him, because from what I've heard concussions can become a serious problem for players. Take M. Roy for example: it seemed that every time we called him up from juniors he left with a concussion. Let's not make Hemsky like that okay?

No comments: