Jan 30, 2009

WIld @ Oilers



The Oilers return to Rexall tonight in hopes of erasing their last loss from the minds of their fan-base. There's just one problem: this game is against Minnesota.

I'm not saying that I don't think the Oilers can win this one, the team will just have to strategize against the trap a little better. I think tonight is do-able, and I hope that Tuesday's result has a fire under the team.

I'm sure it does.

While I've heard a lot of, "well as long as they sell the arena out they don't care," and, "as long as they're being paid they don't need to try," I doubt that this is the case. These men have a competitive spirit, and I can say this with confidence that I'm right. One does not make it into professional sports without a competitive drive to get there. If someone doesn't feel the need to compete they don't need to win, and if they don't need to win then they don't need to develop their skills. If you don't develop your skills then you don't make it into the NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL/CFL etc. It's as simple as that.

I don't think I'll be paying for the game tonight, but I'll see how I feel at about 6:30, I almost always change my mind when I have to opportunity to watch the whole game... Yes, I'm weak. "Clear the area, there's nothing to see here. Hey you! With the Flames jersey! I said there's nothing to see here, clear the area!"

No comments: