Feb 3, 2009

Chicago @ Edmonton



I didn't make one of these for last game. Probably because I was working and didn't have time because my new supervisor doesn't allow for a lot of free time for things like this. Any way, the Chicago Blackhawks are in town and the Oilers need to get back on track, a win tonight would help them to do just that.

Personally I feel like the atmosphere change around the club is palpable; even through the television. There is something incredibly wrong going on behind closed doors, and I think that the consequences we're beginning to see are just the beginning; the frostbite before gangrene if you will.

Penner seems to be a sore spot for our current coach, and personally I think MacT needs to stop trying to place the blame on the players. When one player is under-performing perhaps it is the player; when an entire team is playing sub-par the coaching staff has to be called into question. Things need to be dealt with, preferably before limbs start rotting.

Gagner is supposed to play tonight where he will be reunited with Cole. Meanwhile Nilsson is bumped up to the first line to play with Hemsky and Horcoff. I am not a fan of Nilsson, I think he is lazy; yet one good play on his part seems to be good enough reason to play on the first line. Last game I thought that he was brutal to watch, save for the play that lead to the goal, and I think this is a line-up change that the coach will probably regret.

In the end I hope the Oilers win, of course. I'd also like to see Hemsky get things going again, I love it when he's on his game: which lately seems to be more often than not.

No comments: