Feb 28, 2009

Wild @ Oilers



I never thought I'd be saying this but I cannot wait for Grebeshkov to get back on the ice tonight. Mostly because we clearly need someone who can make a solid break-out pass, and apparently he and Visnovsky are the only two D-men we had who could make one.

And for the love of Hemsky could we please get some pucks on net? We can't blame Hemmer here because he is clearly not the only forward on the team, and that PP needs some work. I'm not even going to pretend to know what needs to be done, I don't coach a hockey team at the NHL level, nor do I think I ever will, but our powerplay needs to be a lot less predictable. Or at least that is what I think.

Pisani played in his first game back last game, and I don't think he looked that bad, and he'll only get better as he gets more NHL action so this is good news.

One thing though: why is it that hockey teams that are losing look infinitely better in the last two minutes of a game? Couldn't they play like that all the time? Wouldn't that be ideal? I'm sure there is a reason for it, but not being a hockey player myself I can't think of one.

As Always: Go Oilers Go!

No comments: