Feb 26, 2009

Columbus @ Edmonton



The Oilers play the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight in hopes of starting a winning streak. Columbus is a team that the Oilers are battling with for a playoff spot, and a win tonight would go a long way to helping the Oilers get a step on their competition.

I'm going to stop posting pictures of Hemsky for a while, I still love him, but it seems that my putting pictures up of him in my posts is some sort of jinx or something.

The Pittsburgh Penguins traded Ryan Whitney today to Anaheim for Chris Kunitz and a prospect I've never heard of. Overall I think this trade looks good from both teams' perspective, and that's good for them I suppose, but I don't know that I really want to be dealing with Ryan Whitney on Anaheim's already hard-to-penetrate defense. That said, weren't there rumors that Chris Pronger wanted out of Anaheim? What does this say about that rumor?

I'd like to see some moves from Edmonton, and I know that there will be some coming by 3 PM on the 4th of March, but who do we give up? Who do we go after? I've never been one to speculate on trades, but I do have a few players that I'd love to see in Oilers silks at some point in my life. Included in that list are: Antoine Vermette, Petr Sykora (again), Rick Nash (highly unlikely), and Chris Drury (also unlikely).

It will be most interesting to see what the organization decides to do come March 4th, there are a lot of questions that will be answered: What happens with Cole? Schremp? What do we do about our first line LW? How about a defensive centerman who can win faceoffs? Are we comfortable with our current Defense situation when Grebeshkov comes back into the picture? When is Pisani coming back? Are we going to try and place him into the lineup when he is healthy? Who is then pushed out? Reddox? So then what? Reddox goes back to the AHL? What do we do with J.F. Jaques?

A lot of questions indeed.

As Always: Go Oilers Go!

No comments: