Feb 26, 2009

A Look at the West : One Week Pre-Deadline

San Jose:
I said: 6-2-0
Thus far: 4-1-0

Pretty much on par with what I expected. I don't see them dropping off in production any time soon. Opponents remaining: Stars, Canadiens and the Senators, will win at least two of these games.

Detroit:
I said: 5-1-1
Thus far: 3-1-0

Again, the prediction here is looking pretty good. Will probably keep up their production. Opponents remaining: Kings, Blues and Predators, will win at least two of these games.

Calgary:
I said: 5-2-0
Thus far: 3-0-1

Predition is looking pretty good thus far. Opponents remaining: Wild, Lightning and Senators, will likely win at least one of these games.

Chicago:
I said: 5-2-0
Thus far: 3-2-0

Predicction is good providing they win their remaining games, that said I won't be upset if the prediction fails because they lost too many games. Opponents remaining: Penguins, Ducks and Kings, will likely win at least one of these games.

Dallas:
I said: 4-3-0
Thus far: 1-2-0

This prediction will likely be incorrect, in order for it to be good they would have to win 3 of their next four. Opponents remaining: Blues, Ducks, Penguins, Sharks, will likely win one or two of these games.

Edmonton:
I said: 4-3-0
Thus far: 1-2-1

This prediction could go either way. Opponents remaining: Blue Jackets, Wild and Predators, will hopefully win 2 of these games.

Columbus:
I said: 3-4-0
Thus far: 2-2-0

This predition looks pretty good thus far. Opponents remaining: Oilers, Canucks and Kings, will hopefully lose against us and only win one of the remaining two.

Vancouver:
I said: 3-4-0
Thus far: 3-1-0

This is clearly an underestimation of the strength of the Vancouver team. I wish I was right in the first prediction. Opponents remaining: Lightning, Blue Jackets and Wild, will likely win at least one of these games.

Anaheim:
I said: 2-5-0
Thus far: 2-2-0

Another underestimation on my part, I hope they tank their last three games before the deadline. Opponents remaining: Bruins, Stars and Blackhawks, could very well come away with an 0-3 record.

Minnesota:
I said: 2-5-0
Thus far: 2-0-2

Yet another underestimation. Minnesota has shown resilience this season, I wish they'd stop doing that. Opponents remaining: Flames, Oilers and Canucks, could definitely go 0-3.

LA:
I said: 2-6-0
Thus far: 2-3-0

Looks pretty good, but there will likely be more in the W column come March 4th. Opponents remaining: Red Wings, Blue Jackets and Blackhawks, very likely that they come away 0-3.

Nashville:
I said: 3-4-0
Thus far: 2-1-1

This prediction looks pretty good, will likely end up with more points that I originally thought they would. Opponents remaining: Coyotes, Red Wings and Oilers, will likely win 1 of these games.

St Louis:
I said: 2-5-0
Thus far: 2-1-1

This prediction could be incorrect, they've already reached my 'win' volume I gave them. Opponents remaining: Stars, Coyotes and Red Wings, could go 0-3, if they win one it will be against Phoenix.

Phoenix:
I said: 1-4-0
Thus far: 2-1-0

Already surpassed the win quotient, I still don't think they make the playoffs. Opponents remaining: Predators and Blues, could go 0-2.

Colorado:
I said: 3-3-0
Thus far: 2-2-0

This prediction looks pretty good, I don't know what happened to Colorado this season, but I do know that they are much better than they have been this season. Opponents remaining: Blackhawks and Blue Jackets, could definitely go 0-2 here.


Should be an interesting week, I sure hope the Oilers can pick up the production and win a few leading up to the deadline. We're in a better position right now this season then we were at the same point last season, so that is good news, but last season were only even considered for playoff contention was because of the awesome run we took through March.

I'd like another one of those please, Saint Christopher.

No comments: