Jan 7, 2009

SLACKER!!



Please accept the following apology, I've been slacking a lot lately on my blogging efforts. University tends to do this every once and again.

This, if you have been living under a rock located in a cave beneath the Pacific Ocean, is Mats Sundin. Mats plays his very first game in a Canucks jersey tonight. The game is currently underway and Mats has played something ridiculous like 3 minutes thus far through the first period.

I really wanted Mats to just make up his mind and sign somewhere, but I wasn't about to suggest that he sign anywhere. Unfortunately for the Oilers Sundin decided to sign within our division; and yes, I think this was to spite the Oilers.

No, I do not have sufficient reasons to believe this.

Thus far in the game the Oilers have been rather flat. That said: so have the Canucks. Other than the physical play there hasn't been much to write home about, although that punch by Souray would warrant a standing ovation in my opinion. Well done Sheldon, well done.

For some reason our PP has been absolute trash tonight, we've had three and haven't scored once, which on its own is not bad. But when you can't seem to even set up in the offensive zone there's a problem.

For some positive: I really like that line with Cole, Nilsson and Gagner. I like it a lot.

For some more negative: I'm starting to worry about Hemsky. Either the Oilers are being really careful with their star player and current face of the franchise, or they're playing down an injury that is worse than first-thought.

Also, I just wanted to mention that the refs have apparently just decided that they're going to call rough hits. Hey Dwyer and McCreary? Maybe you should've decided that about 20 minutes ago eh?

1 comment:

delooper said...

Sigh.

My telekinetic powers don't always work through the TV.

R