Jan 9, 2009

Second Period Eval

1. Sam Gagner and Erik Cole continue to generate chemistry on the second line.
See Previous
2. Ladislav Smid fights some one. Seriously, from what fans have seen thus far he's good at it.
Still hoping.
3. The PP at least manages to get set-up, a goal or two would be nice.
Still, one goal. That's okay, better than I expected.
4. We score at least 3 goals.
Still have only scored once. Here's hoping for another 2. At this point that won't even tie the game.
5. The PK continues on it's new track in the right direction.
The last PK looked pretty good, the SJS are still something like 2/3 on the night though.
6. The fourth line continues to be a source of energy for the rest of the team.
Fourth line is still looking decent out there. Strudwick's fight was pretty lack-luster, we need to absolutely obliterate someone.
7. We have at least 2 centermen or players above 50% in the face-off dot.
Stortini is 3 and 0 in the dot and Brodz is 4 and 1. Horc and Cogs are below 50.
8. Brule gets some production going with Horcoff and Penner, seriously, this is supposed to be the first line. If they can't get it done they need to be demoted: move the Nilsson, Gagner, Cole line up.
Again, see previous.
9. Ethan Moreau manages to stop giving away the puck and actually produce something positive in the way of offense instead of taking stupid penalties.
I said I would pay attention more this period and I did. I think from what I've seen Ethan has had a decent game, even had a few offensive chances, one of which almost resulted in a SH goal. He also has been staying out of the box.
10. The team puts in a full 60 minutes. Not 20, not 40, but 60... Wait, no I've changed my mind, I want 80 minutes of effort just in-case this goes into extra-time.
I don't think there was as much effort in the second period. Edmonton could have come out of that period with a much better result than they did.

News: Souray does not return tonight, calling it an upper-body injury. This is grave news indeed, I sure hope we don't get any more penalties because without Souray we're pretty much hopeless.

No comments: